Between 1904 and 1908 Kent County Council rebuilt the Branbridges at East Peckham. The Great Torbay Bridge was removed and replaced by a wider bridge with a single opening. The Little Torbay Bridge was widened, and the roadway was raised between the Medway Bridge and the Great Torbay Bridge to place it above the reach of floods and to improve the gradient of the approaches. The roadway was widened throughout to 20 feet wide, and a footpath was constructed on the east side.
The Rochester Bridge Trust contributed half of the £12,442 15s. 5d. total cost of the bridges and half of the £2,465 19s. 8d. total cost of the bridge approaches.