Edited by Nigel Yates and James M. Gibson. Woodbridge : The Boydell Press, 1994. 408pp. Illustrations. ISBN 0 85115 356 9. $70.00/£40.00.
Seven different authors trace the history of Rochester Bridge from Roman times through the 20th century:
- “Rochester Bridge, AD 43-1381” by Nicholas P. Brooks;
- “Rochester Bridge, 1381-1530” by R.H. Britnell;
- “Rochester Bridge, 1530-1660” by James M. Gibson;
- “Rochester Bridge, 1660-1825” by David Ormrod;
- “Rochester Bridge, 1825-1950” by James Preston;
- “Rochester Bridge, 1950-1993: An Epilogue” by P.F. Cooper and Glyn C. Jones.
To arrange to purchase a copy of the book, please email email@example.com.
Langdon the Lion is pleased to present his free education kit – Learning about Bridges!
Learning about Bridges contains twelve sessions on the basics of bridge building, aimed at children aged 8-11 years. Each session can be completed in about an hour and the activities are ideal for afterschool clubs and home-schooling as well as for classroom use.